Proclaimed as the long lost “Fountain of Youth”, antioxidants are key to achieving that youthful glow that we all want. Antioxidants are naturally occurring vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, C, E, and Green Tea, which actively work to neutralize those free radicals which all contribute to the long term damage of your skin.
If you are looking for ingredients that can do it all, adding antioxidants to your routine is the way to go!
This fall staple serves a purpose for our skin all year round.
Best for: Soothing Inflammation
The appearance of pumpkin based products is not a fall promotional gig, but rather has a strong presence year round for its vitamin c and e and beta-carotene. All of these ingredients combined offer your skin a variety of benefits including:
- Exfoliation: this may come as a shocker, but pumpkins are really your favorite fall fruit, yes fruit. This uniquely allows pumpkin extract to be rich in many fruit enzymes and especially alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which boost cell cell turnover, removing all the dead skin cells which clog your pores, brightening your skin.
- Hydration: I know the fear with any exfoliant is its severely drying effects on your skin. However pumpkin extract has an abundance of Vitamin E that enriches your skin with fatty acids, creating a thin barrier that helps lock in moisture.
- Decreased Inflammation: The key to fighting acne usually lies in the anti-inflammatory properties an ingredient offers. Pumpkin extract is once again to your rescue! Through its high content of zinc, it helps to calm and minimize the appearance of your breakouts. While zinc tablets can do this, you can avoid the negative repercussions of the medication by choosing to supplement this through pumpkins!
- Anti-Aging Properties: Antioxidants are not given the “fountain of youth” reputation for no reason. Due to pumpkins' high content of vitamin c and e and beta carotene your skin will be protected from all the environmental stressors that damage and age your skin. This trio will work to boost collagen, brighten, and smooth over any wrinkles you have.
Another powerful fruit that doesn’t just feed you but also feeds your skin with all the necessary nutrients to glow!
Best for: Moisturizing
Rich in Potassium, Vitamin A, B, and C, banana extract works to tighten and moisturize your skin. Some of the main benefits it can offer are:
- Oil Control: Since Bananas are good exfoliators, it helps reduce all of your excess sebum, giving your pores a deep clean. However, due to its high content of potassium, it also leaves your skin soft and supple.
- Acne Treatment: Loaded with ingredients such as Vitamin A, Zinc, and manganese, bananas have all the anti-inflammatory properties needed to control all your new blemishes.
- Anti-Aging: Just like pumpkins, due to the high antioxidants of bananas, they act like Nature’s botox, reducing the appearance of those fine lines and wrinkles as we age. It’s never too late to start early though!
- Moisturizer: Due to the strong presence of Vitamin A and potassium, bananas smoothes out any rough texture on your skin and helps fight against any dry patches.
- Reduce Dark Spots: Whether it's acne scars, hyperpigmentation, age spots, or even tiny moles, bananas work to reduce any discolorations on your skin.
Although this can’t necessarily be your favorite past time snack or holiday tradition, they still work hard to save your skin. For reference, beta glucans are polysaccharides sugars found in cell walls which are derived from various mushrooms, plants, algaes, yeasts, or oats. Beyond the many benefits it can offer your skin, they are also known for their immuno-enhancing properties which help protect the body from pathogens.
Best for: Firming Skin
For your skin the benefits can range from:
- Anti-aging Properties: Once again the beauty of antioxidants takes its effect on your skin. Since they are actively working to neutralize any free radicals, they work to prevent any long term cellular damage to your skin.
- Hydration: Thanks to the oat derived beta glucans, your skin is left with a smooth, hydrated finish. This also ties into the anti-aging properties since it diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as well.
- Acne Treatment: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it also helps reduce the appearance of redness and your incoming blemishes.
If there is anything you can conclude from this, it’s that you can never go wrong with antioxidants. That is why EVENPRIME has made sure to include all of these essential ingredients into our new Hypernova Eye Serum. Since we recognize how delicate the skin under your eyes are, finding hydrating, anti-wrinkle, and aging ingredients are key to helping you eliminate those dark circles or fine lines.
So stop aging yourself while trying to find that fountain of youth and instead invest into some ingredients that give you the same effect.